William Cruz Shaw Campaign may modify this Policy from time to time so we encourage you to check this page when revisiting the Sites to make sure that you are informed of how your personal information will be used. We will post notice of any changes by revising the date last updated on the Policy. By using or accessing the Sites, you accept the Policy and its terms and conditions in effect at that time.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal Information” is information about a particular individual that specifically identifies that individual, or information about that individual, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, or credit or debit card information. Personal Information does not include “aggregate information,” which is data we may collect automatically about the use of the Sites.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us when you register, send us an email, sign up to receive email or text messages, sign up to volunteer, fill out a form, make a purchase or donation, communicate with us through third-party social feeds, request information, participate in active forums or take any other action on the Sites. We will never knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13, consistent with the United States Federal Children’s Online Privacy Act of 1998 (COPPA). If you have any reservations, questions or concerns about your child’s access to the this or how information that your child provides is used by us, please contact us.
We may automatically collect information when you visit the Sites such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the browser and operating system you use, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the address of the website from which you linked to the Sites, device identifiers and mobile and network information, and your actions on the Sites. This information will be treated as Personal Information if we combine or link it to any of the identifying information above. Otherwise, this information constitutes aggregate information.
Our web servers may also collect “log data.” Log data provides aggregate information about the number of visits to different pages on the Sites. We use log data for troubleshooting purposes and to track which pages people visit in order to improve the Sites. We do not link log data collected to Personal Information. Third-party vendors may also collect aggregate log data independently from us.
COLLECTION FROM OTHER SOURCES
This Policy also applies to Personal Information that we may obtain from third-party vendors such as search engines or social media sites. However, we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these third-party vendors. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and review the practices of all websites you visit.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information for various purposes including to:
- Connect you to the William Cruz Shaw Campaign and its programs, events and activities, and obtain and confirm RSVP’s to events and programs;
- Improve, maintain, and operate our website, send you receipts, confirmations, updates, notices, and messages regarding support and administration;
- Provide and deliver news and information we think will interest you, such as information about relevant issues, resources, events, campaigns, candidates, events, promotions, products and services;
- Provide information or products that you request and process and complete such transactions;
- Respond to your emails, requests, comments, submissions and questions, and provide customer service, request feedback and otherwise communicate with you regarding your use of the Sites;
- Help connect you with other William Cruz Shaw supporters, and to solicit donations, support and volunteers;
- Monitor and analyze trends and site usage and provide features and content that match your interests based on the information you provide and your actions on the Sites;
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected; and
- Contact you if required by Federal election laws.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may share Personal information as follows:
- When we have a good-faith belief that release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, a lawful subpoena);
- To protect the rights or property or safety of our supporters, employees, volunteers or others;
- With vendors, service providers, consultants, employees, contractors, or volunteers who need to know such information to carry out their duties;
- To comply with applicable laws, statutes, or regulations and to enforce this Policy; and
- With your consent.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
The William Cruz Shaw Campaign uses reasonable industry-standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, theft, unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of the information under our control. Our server is located in a locked, secure environment. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by the Sites in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee complete security.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES
We may communicate with third-party vendors, including Google, and place online advertising, which will be shown on other websites on the Internet. In some cases, those third-party vendors may decide which ads to show you based on your prior visits to the Sites. At no time will you be personally identified to those third-party vendors, nor will any of the information you share with us be shared with those third-party vendors.
We may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Sites. We may also use embedded images in emails to track open rates for our mailings, so that we can tell which mailings appeal most to our supporters.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR OPT OUT
People who subscribe to email lists via the Sites will receive periodic updates from us by regular mail, fax or email. You may opt out of receiving future information via email by using the unsubscribe procedure specified on the email message.
HOW TO CONTACT US